Friday, October 30, 2009

Economic Stiff-ing Package

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm against Obama and what he's been trying to do to help us from the train wreck "Dubya" Bush left us in, but I question some of it. Hey, I wouldn't be an American if I didn't question my government!

Take this stimulus bill. I'm still on the fence about it because my friend Hackfittle just BARELY ducked foreclosure on his house through no fault of his own (lost job, poor economy, health issues) and couldn't get the refinancing he needed to help himself out because he was among the millions unemployed (lukily, he escaped homelessness with some "creative entrepreneuralship" if you will - by taking whatever odd-job he could do and hocking a lot of his collectible collections from NASCAR to Star Trek items on eBay).

The stimulus bill was suposed to help people keep their homes and create jobs. Well, if you're someone who HAS a job but has a house you can't afford in your lifetime, the stimulus money helped you. In the case of my friend who had lost his job that was able to pay for his mortgage, but needed a lower rate in order to keep paying with his limited income (ebay and unemployment), he got no help whatsoever.

But I digress. The main point I'm posting about here is that I got a CNN "news-blurb" that states the following: "White House says 650,000 jobs were created or saved by $150 billion in stimulus funds."

So, it took $150 Billion to create or save 650,000 jobs. 650,000 people were kept employed or got employment and it cost the American taxpayer only $150 billion to do it. From what I can understand, divided evenly over the 650,000 employed people, that comes to $230,770 (rounded up) it cost the taxpayer per person employed thanks to the economic stimulus money.

That's about the wages of an upper-class junior executive! Do YOU know of anyone getting that kind of wage thanks to the economic stimulus package? How much you wanna bet that those 650,000 people aren't even getting HALF that amount in wages?

So the question is: Where is the rest of the money going?!

Ahh, yes. Our tax dollars hard at work - being squandered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is mainly for the blog owner and more as a "reader" for the public rather than for commenting. Markus will review all comments before posting them. Some comments may not be posted, but will be read by the blog owner (Markus). Thank you ~Markus